NFL Picks

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Week Sixteen Picks

Christmas week has arrived, and with it, plenty of match-ups that have big playoff implications. My observations on the picks:

Unanimity

There is thankfully precious little of this this week, as only in the Colts-Texans match-up are we agreed on who will win. So the Colts have that to overcome...

Solo Acts of Bravery

Kevin Stilley, who at one time was the overall leader but who went 8-8 last week and may be showing signs of desparation, picked the Carolina Panthers to win in the Georgia Dome. In the other SAoB, Les Puryear picks the Detroit Lions (I wasn't aware that they had actually fielded a team in Detroit this year; apparently they have) to defeat the Chicago Bears. Good luck, men!

Upset Special Pick of the Week

I know it's a longshot, but I need some of those to have a chance in this contest, so I've picked the Oakland Raiders in an upset over the Chiefs on Saturday night. Yeah, I know, probably not...

Weekly Trivia

The National Football League was founded in 1920, but it wasn't called by its current name until 1922. By what name was the National Football League originally known?

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Dec 23, 08:12:00 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Green Bay beats Minnesota ...
    I'm already off to a rousing start. Woo hoo.

     
  • At Tue Dec 26, 03:05:00 PM CST, Blogger Tim Sweatman said…

    Maybe I should try picking on the basis of who I think will win as opposed to who needs to win in order for my teams to make the playoffs. That shouldn't be a problem for Week 17 now that the Steelers are out and the Titans need a lot of things to happen to get in.

    At least I know the answer to the trivia question: the American Professional Football Association.

     
  • At Sat Dec 30, 10:37:00 AM CST, Blogger Wes Kenney said…

    Tim,

    You are correct. On the trivia, that is. As for the rest, well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home