NFL Picks

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Week Ten Picks

Well, the season is halfway finished. If you had told me that I would be in the overall lead (tied) at the halfway point, I would have told you I must have cheated. But there was none of that involved; just some lucky picks along the way. Here's hoping for more of the same. My Week 10 observations:

Unanimity

This is a frightening topic, since we were united in our wrongness in three of four unanimous choices last week. In last week's wrap-up post, I expressed the hope that there would be less agreement this week; instead, there is more. We are unanimous on seven games, and while they all look like solid picks, that was the case last week as well, and look where it got us.

Solo Acts of Bravery

Two contestants have stepped out in faith this week. Joel Bezaire has picked the Cleveland Browns to beat the Falcons this week in the Georgia Dome, on the theory that if the Lions can beat them, anyone can. Robin Foster is hoping that the past truly is prologue, remembering that the last time the Texans faced the Jaguars, they beat them like dogs. He picks the Texans in the rematch.

Upset Special Pick of the Week

Speaking of beaten dogs, this one seemed like a no-brainer to me, as I am now convinced that the Cowboys have become like a dog that has beaten so much it has decided to remain under the porch, quivering anytime someone approaches. They'll come out of the locker room in Arizona, but that will be the extent of their achievements on Sunday, as the Cardinals will coast to victory.

At least, that's what I think.

Thanks, as always, for enjoying this diversion with me.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home